Axonne is an innovative and rapidly growing automotive semiconductor startup dedicated to developing cutting-edge High-Speed In-Vehicle Network semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry. We are dedicated to delivering safe, high-performance, reliable, and state-of-the-art semiconductor products to meet the demanding requirements of the automotive sector. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced System Validation Engineer to join our dynamic team and help us deliver the next generation of automotive High-Speed Network technology
As a System Validation Engineer at Axonne, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing validation plans to ensure that our automotive High-speed Network products meet the highest standards of performance, reliability, and compliance with industry specifications. You will work in a collaborative environment, interfacing with cross-functional teams to validate and verify the semiconductor product system functionality.
Validation Plan Development: Design and develop validation plans, test strategies, and methodologies for automotive Ethernet PHY products, ensuring they align with industry standards and customer requirements.
Testbed Setup and Configuration: Create and maintain testbeds and test environments, including hardware, software, and test equipment, necessary for system validation.
Test Case Development: Develop, implement, and execute test cases, scripts, and test procedures to validate Ethernet PHY functionality, compliance, and performance.
Performance Testing: Conduct performance and stress testing to evaluate system performance under various conditions, identifying and addressing any bottlenecks or issues.
Compliance Testing: Ensure the products comply with industry standards such as IEEE 802.3.
Issue Identification and Debugging: Identify and report system issues, defects, or anomalies, and work with the engineering team to diagnose and resolve them.
Data Analysis: Collect and analyze test data, generating reports and documentation to communicate validation results to stakeholders.
Automated Testing: Develop and maintain automated testing scripts to streamline the validation process and increase efficiency.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with design, hardware, and software development teams to ensure that validation efforts are aligned with product development activities.
Documentation and Reporting: Maintain comprehensive validation documentation and provide regular status updates to project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in post-silicon system validation, particularly in automotive networking or Ethernet PHY systems.
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet networking standards and protocols.
- Good knowledge of validating system-level designs based on embedded processors and peripherals such as Ethernet, MIPI, SerDes, PCIe, MDIO, SPI, I2C, UART, and JTAG
- Familiar with operating and automating different lab equipment (scopes, spectrum analyzer, BERT, etc.)
- Strong technical background in FPGA prototype emulation, and debug
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, C) for test automation.
- Excellent problem-solving, failure analysis, and debugging skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a methodical approach to testing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to proactively take on responsibilities beyond the job description to accomplish team goals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in embedded firmware/software development is a big plus
- Familiarity with Ethernet physical layer transceivers and layer 2 protocols such as PTP and TSN
- Knowledge of Automotive ADAS with camera and sensor
- Knowledge of Automotive System EMC performance is a plus
Axonne is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are passionate about automotive networking technology and system validation, and you are ready to contribute to the development of advanced automotive Ethernet solutions, we encourage you to apply for the position of System Validation Engineer at Axonne. Join us in revolutionizing automotive networking for the future of connected and autonomous vehicles.
This role is open to Axonne’s Sunnyvale HQ office and Axonne GmbH, Karlsruhe or Hamburg offices.
Note: Axonne does not accept unsolicited referrals from recruitment agencies for all open positions.