We are looking for an experienced Automotive Functional Safety Manager with an understanding of semiconductors. In this role, you will work closely with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to deliver the next generation of Axonne’s high-speed interface semiconductor solutions. You’ll project manage product functional safety to ensure compliance with ISO 26262 standards, with on-time safety case completion, including collateral deliverables. You will be the primary point of contact for all functional safety-related matters during the product development phase and proactively work with the development team to resolve identified issues. Collaboration with OEM, Tier 1, and Tier 2 to ensure all aspects of the joint safety engineering development are accomplished in a timely manner according to the project plan is also a critical aspect of this role. Responsibility for product assessments by customers and assessors to demonstrate the product’s ISO 26262 compliance is also included.
- Work with the global development team to define SEooC (Safety Element out of Context) for product solutions.
- Conduct Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Mode Effect and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA).
- Be the champion for external audits related to product functional safety.
- BS in an engineering field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in safety-critical automotive semiconductors development and integration.
- Certified as a functional safety professional by 3rd-party assessors (e.g., TÜV SÜD, UL, exida, etc.).
- Familiar with automotive quality system management.
- Experience in leading ISO 26262 functional safety management for advanced automotive semiconductors.
- Experience in conducting safety reviews and analysis.
- Experience working with customers and assessors supporting functional safety audits.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively handle sensitive and proprietary information.
- Able to travel globally.
Note: Axonne does not accept unsolicited referrals from recruitment agencies for all current open positions.